Friday, November 25, 2011

Lovely Queensland Weather


The kids and I went for a lovely walk this evening after dinner.  These hot days have sure been hot, but the evenings are just beautiful.  The breeze is so lovely and great to be out in.

After doing Paper, Scissors, Rock to determine who was going to hold Lucy's lead first, we set out for our walk.  Eva won.

First, I had Oliver in the pram but once we got across the road, I decided that he really should be getting out and enjoying it too.

Gosh he's a character.  He finds a lump of dry leaves and giggles to himself while stopping in them, he potters behind us blabbering stuff to the girls and Lucy and gets cranky is you don't acknowledge him.  He was also picking the tiny little weed flowers from the grass and walking with one in each hand.  After a few metres he realised he'd dropped them and he'd turn around to try and find them and put his two hands up saying 'gone'!

Mae had jumped onto one of those green Energex power box thingos that you see around - well of course Oliver had to do the same thing.  To that one and the next three that he saw.  So cute that he loves to copy his big sisters.  Trouble is, we walk this path often and he's got a good memory.

What wasn't cute was the few tantrums he decided to throw when he wouldn't hold my hand to cross the road.  Therefore I had to pick him up with arms and legs flapping about.  As soon as we'd crossed the road, I put him back down and he's right to go again with his body moving forward and faster than his feet could.

You can be cute buddy, but boy oh boy you can really test my paitience. 

Eva really enjoyed practising her handstands and cartwheels on each nice bit of lawn that she saw.  Of course, Oliver copied as well.  This was also so cute to watch, but not so cute when Eva decided to do it on someones footpath who had recently spread fertisiler over it.  So when it was Olivers turn for his head stand, he had some pretty smelly dirt on his head.  Eewwww.

Mae's favourite part of the walk was holding Lucy's lead.  She loved being the one telling Eva what to do and explaining why the rope was called a 'lead'.  Wow, she knew things that I didn't think she did.  Just too smart.

Whilest walking, I wondered if we'll be doing much of this when living in Melbourne.  I know that the weather can be so different down there, but then again, it can be the same as here and hotter as well.

I have some lovely photos that I took while walking, but as my iTunes STILL does not work on my pc, I am unable to put them up.  Hopefully I will work it out soon.









No comments:

Post a Comment