Sunday, March 31, 2013

HAPPY EASTER TO YOU ALL

 
 
 
Surprise!!!!!
 
Shocked????

Fall off your chair????
 
I have not Blog posted for a very long time.
 
Every time I do Blog Post, I wonder why I don't do it more often.  Then I make myself a small promise that I will not get behind again and I will post more often.  Then I always brake that promise.  :(
 
 
It's Easter and we are very excited to be spending some lovely time with our little family.
 
Eva understands the meaning behind Christmas and has been asking questions, which I love.
 
Good Friday was a day spent at home, relaxing and doing a little bit of a declutter in the garage.
 
Easter Saturday was a wonderful day.  We are members at the Caulfield Race Track and we went to the event that they hold there every year.
 
It's Zaidee's rainbow foundation - organ and tissue awareness.  The story behind Zaidees foundation is a sad one.  But what her parents have done in her honour is amazing. 
 
I am so grateful to have healthy children.
 
This Easter Egg Hunt is held every year and its great for awareness for the cause.    There were thousands of Easter Eggs.  Each registered child received a cute little Egg Bucket for their collection. 
 
Firstly, it was the 0 - 4 age children.  Oliver and Chris both went in and collected a bucket full of Eggs.  Oliver was so super excited.
 
Then it was the 5 - 8 years old, so both Eva and Mae went in this one.  Eva has it all worked out, if she aimed to get the little solid eggs, she would fit more in, and its the same amount of chocolate as the larger hollow ones.  Smart thinking Beebs.
 
Mae also did well with the solid eggs, but she also really wanted the larger ones as she liked the colours.
 
I scored well, as I finally got my Melbourne Racing Club golf umbrella that I have wanted for ages. 
 
There were pony rides, jumping castles, rock climbing and more that filled out our day.
 
One of the best things is that the television series of The Block was doing some filming there.  It you are a fan of The Block, you would know that the current series is being filmed here in South Melbourne.  The Block Heads were participating in a challenge to win money towards their renovation for the five storey unit block. 

Five couples competed in the race up the main straight of the track.  There were five zorb balls.  One of the couples inside the ball and the other rolled it the 350 metres up the track to the finish line.  It must have been exhausting, as the winners were extremely puffed.  Even though the series isn't on the television for another few months, I'll keep the winner a secret.
 
I had mentioned to Eva and Mae to get in front of the cameras as much as they could.  They took my advise and even went into an area that was out of bounds, amongst the camera and press crew.  They didn't seem to mind, so Chris, Oliver and I joined in too! 
 
We managed to get the three kids into a couple of photos, one with Scotty Cam and the other with Shelly Craft.  They are both very lovely.
 
It was a great end to a brilliant day, topped off by a gorgeous slow cooker Mediterranean lamb meal that Chris had put in the slow cooker before going out.  It was so yummy, perfect for a cool night.
 
I would share the photos on this Blog, however I still have no idea what I am doing with iTunes and don't know how to get my photos off of my phone to the computer.
 
Easter Sunday only started at around 7:30 am when Mae woke up, had a sneak peek downstairs to see if the Easter Bunny had arrived, then jumping into bed with Chris and I.
 
We waited about twenty minutes for Oliver to join us and we were soon greeted by Eva.
 
We all came downstairs together and saw that the Easter Bunny had spoiled our children.  Along with the many eggs they got yesterday at the races, I don't think that the Easter Bunny realised that they would have so many.
 
Each got a pair of pj's as well as well as some colouring pages and crayons.  Eva and Mae got gorgeous shower caps and Oliver got a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles DVD (a very old school dvd that I'm sure Chris saw when he was younger).
I'm excited to get the kiddies dressed into their new pj's and post a photo of that.  So cute.
 
We haven't had the best weather here today.  A top of 22 degrees and it was cold and rainy.  So the morning was spent here at home, on Skype with Nanny and Poppy and opening our gift from them.  It's too good to eat!

 
 Thank you Nanny and Poppy for our gorgeous Easter Gift
 


Olivers Basket with Leonardo pj's



Eva's Basket, with diamante purple shower cap and min n match pj's.
 
 
 

We went to the movies to see The Croods this afternoon.  It was funny, but I wasn't expecting the little bit of sadness in the end, having to hold hands and wipe tears away from Eva and Mae. 
 
The rest of the afternoon was spent relaxing, (after doing the floors of course, as they were a disgrace), watching some Ninja Turtles and right now, Chris is preparing another one of his MasterChef yummy meals, pork rissoles with creamy mash and onion gravy.  Yummo.
 
Happy Birthday today to Aunty Nette and Holly Mercy.  We wish we were closer to see you.
 
Happy Easter to your family from mine. 
 
See you soon.
 
 
*if you would like to leave a comment, I think you need to be registerecd with Google.  If you are not, I would still love to hear feedback from you.
Email address is georgesinvic@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment